Thursday, June 2, 2011

JUDE'S MICKEY MOUSE BIRTHDAY--MY BABY IS 2!

My sweet baby boy is 2 years old. I can't believe it! I know it is cliche, but they really do grow up so fast. Since "the mouse" is a pretty big deal in our house, I decided to throw a Mickey Mouse party for Jude. We rented a Disney themed bounce house and invited all of Jude's friends and their parents for a cookout to celebrate my "big boy." It rained all day Sunday, but luckily the sun came out just in time for the party. Below are some pics from Jude's special day.

Mickey Mouse cupcakes and cookies!

I made these centerpieces out of styrofoam balls, black paint, toothpicks, a wooden stick, ribbon and a little hot glue. It was a labor of love.

I made this Happy Birthday banner too. Another labor of love.

The Mickey Mouse show sings a song "hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog." So, we decided to grill hotdogs and bratwurst and create a "Hot Diggity Dog Bar." Guests could load up their dog with chili, onions, cheese, relish, coleslaw and condiments. Yum!

Riley and Jude inspecting the goods. So many presents!

Ava and Aidan playing in the bounce

Happy Birthday sweet boy!

Yummy in Jude's Tummy!

Parker and Hunter enjoying the Mickey cupcakes

Ramsey's momma always dresses her perfect! She looked so cute in her Minnie outfit.

This is one of my favorite pics from the entire day. I think Cruiz likes cupcakes!

Thanks to all our friends and family for making Jude's day so wonderful and fun. And a special thanks to my sweet husband who cleaned the house and grilled, while I ran around like a crazy person decorating and putting together treat bags.

Since I will be making a book out of my blog for the kids to have, I wanted to write something special about my baby Jude. I am filled with so much pride for the little person Jude is becoming. He is a friend to everyone. Loves life every minute of the day. Is smarter than I ever imagined. And never misses a beat. Loves to dance with his mommy. Thinks his daddy is Superman and Handy Manny wrapped up in one person. Looks at his brothers and sister like they hung the stars and the moon in the sky. He has taught me how to live life in the moment and made me smile at least 100 times every day of his little life. I am so blessed, proud and happy to call him my son. You are so loved Jude-bug. Happy Birthday baby boy!

1 comment:

  1. you are such a good momma! wish i could have been there.

    ReplyDelete