Thursday, January 28, 2010

THE NANAS EFFECT


I don't really care for the term stepmom. The name sounds cold and unimportant. And thanks to Sir Disney, when I hear stepmom, I automatically picture a large chin and an evil eye. NO.THANK.YOU.

My husband's children call me "Nanas". The wonder twins started it. They started off saying "Anna", but then it became "Nana" and somewhere along the way, for no apparent reason at all, the letter "s" was added. And well....the rest is history. I have been a proud "Nanas" ever since.

The most entertaining part of my "stepmom" name is when it is used in public places. So picture this, you are in Target and you see the cutest little curly haired girl running and screaming "Nanas...they have hello kitty shoes!" You turn around to take a glance at the little one's grandmother. But, much to your surprise, standing in Granny's space is a 28 year old girl with a big grin on her face. You, my friend, like many other innocent bystanders, have been hit by "The Nanas Effect." :)

But, now let's talk about that grin I have on my face as "Nanassss!" is echoing thru the hallway. I smile when they call me "Nanas" because it is a name that was created organically from the mouths of my sweet, precious stepchildren. It's the name they say when they greet me at the door and the name they scream when they need help in the bathroom. And although,"Nana" is commonly a grandmother name, "N-A-N-A-S" happens to be my name...and I absolutely love it!

2 comments:

  1. "Nanas!" I love it Anna! I look SO forward to following this blog! Love u xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Courtney! I'm so happy you enjoyed it! Love u 2

    ReplyDelete