Tuesday, December 21, 2010

GIVING THANKS

Have you ever just wanted to press the pause button on your life? I find myself wishing I could "press pause" a lot lately. I just want to soak up every second of that precious time with my loved ones that always passes all too quickly.

Well, our 2010 Thanksgiving trip was definitely a "pause-able"moment. The entire Johnson gang spent Thanksgiving in the Florida Panhandle with the St. Laurent clan. Between the two families there were 8 kids...6 handsome boys and 2 beautiful girls! We stayed at the Gray's beach house in Seacrest, where we were able to walk to neighboring Alys and Rosemary. Let me side-track for a second and say, isn't it the greatest when you can step out your door and just stroll to a coffee shop, or a quaint lunch spot, park, or the beach? Heaven!

Cousins
My husband & his sis Carie

My absolute favorite part of the trip was just watching all the kids have the time of their lives together! (#2 fav part...Margaritas on the beach) Seriously, the kids had a blast....Riding bikes together, dancing in the living room, playing in the sand at the beach, throwing the football with their Dads. There is nothing that warms a mother's heart more than to see her baby grinning ear to ear! Growing up, I had a close knit group of girl cousins that I adored. I have always wished for the same wonderful childhood relationship for my kids. Cousins are awesome!

Rece & Paitten
Garrett& Jude
Kam & Kylie

I left Florida a little sad. Sad because I miss my step children every day. And, sad because I know how much Jude loves having his brothers and sister under one roof. But, even though I had that pang of sadness, I had an overwhelming since of thankfulness. Thankful that I am part of such a wonderful family. Thankful that I have a life filled with moments where I want to press pause. Love to all! ~ Anna

Jude holding his Daddy's hand
Jude with his big brother "Bice"

No comments:

Post a Comment