Monday, February 14, 2011

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

The valentines festivities started this week with putting together a care package to send to the fantastic four. I had already ordered some Valentine's books and other goodies, but no Valentine's Day would be complete without handmade Valentine's from the Jude-bug, right? So, I set off to make these cute Bug Valentine's for Jude to send to his brothers and sister. Side Note: Used"washable"paint. Oh contraire. Jude's hand was pink for 48 hours and I was afraid I was going to remove his top dermal layer from all the scrubbing! I compare washable paint to low-cal cookies. No. such. thing. Anyways, here are some pics of our Florida-bound care package. Hope it brought a smile to the munchkins' faces!

Bug Valentine's cards from Jude

Care package

I am all about activities. I want Jude to have a childhood where he is experiencing fun new things every day. It's such a magical time for him right now. It seems like every detail of life makes him smile. His favorite activity is going to the zoo! He is currently a little obsessed with hippos. Jude loves him some big ole hippos. So, we took him Sunday to the zoo to celebrate Valentines weekend together with his hippos. It was a sunny, beautiful day! I captured some great photos of our handsome sweetheart.

Jude watching the Panda. Love that swirl!
Handsome little man
Love the reflection in this one!

Later Sunday night, Jude came running into the living room with 2 valentine's cards. One from him and one from Daddy. The one from Jude's was a Dora card. Kelly said Jude saw it in Target and started yelling "Eigo" (which in Jude means Diego). Then, Kelly tried to get him to put the Dora card back and Jude threw a fit in front of the many others shopping for V-day cards.....so a Dora card for Mommy it was! :) Needless to say, I loved my Dora card and the story that went with it!

Since the hubby had a work meeting on the actual 14th, Jude and I joined Mimi for dinner at the fine establishment of O'Charleys....don't be j. After visiting with my mom for a while after dinner, I went home to tuck my sweet little valentine into bed. Then I went down stairs and enjoyed a glass of wine while watching the crazy wonderfulness that is the Bachelor. So, happy Valentine's Day everyone! Hope your day was filled with lots of love!~ Anna

3 comments:

  1. very sweet post!! I love the care package for your bonus kiddos!!! I'm addicted to the Bachelor (and not too proud to admit it!). I'm so glad that Michelle is gone now! :) How old is Jude? My youngest is 19 months and it looks like they might be around the same age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet care package. I know they loved it! You are the best! I'm trying to get Sebastian interested in Dora only so we can have a peaceful flight to Europe in a few months. He is not interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jessica- Jude will be 2 in May! I can't even believe it as I type this. Crazy how fast they grow up! Thanks for the comment!

    PS- I wonder who Brad will choose? Emily or Chantelle?!? I vote Emily. She's precious.

    ReplyDelete