Sunday, January 2, 2011

THE SWEETEST WORDS

What a great way to start the month of December! December 1st started off as a perfectly normal day. Jude woke up, I changed his diaper, we went downstairs, and as always we cuddled on the chair under a blanket, as my sweet baby drank his milk. Mornings with Jude are so special. He is always in a cuddly mood and so happy to see me. He loves to get "cozy coz" with his momma when he first wakes up. But, this particular morning was extra special. I whispered that I loved him in his little ear for the millionth time and WHALLA......he said it back!!! I looked around with my mouth open....thinking did anyone hear that? (I was alone) I said it again....and again I heard "I wuv you!" Jude had a big smile on his face like he was so very proud of himself. My eyes immediately started watering. His very first sentence! He told me he loved me! I pulled out my phone to record him saying it, because I had no eye witnesses. I psycho called my husband, Kelly, but no answer, so I text him the exciting news. I sat there with Jude, tears streaming down my face, hugging him thinking...I am the luckiest girl in the world.

Later, when Kelly was able to get a break from work and call me back. I just teared up and said "thank you." I am so blessed to have a husband who works crazy long hours and bears so much pressure to support a larger than average family. We may not have everything we want....but we have everything we need. Love is such an amazing gift.

Since the great day of December 1st, Jude has been on an "I wuv you" holdout. Or maybe he is just scared he will make mommy cry again. But since then, I have watched the below video at least 50+ times. You may not get the giddy joy I get from watching....but you will no doubt be left with a huge grin on your face. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. precious!!!!!! I can't wait to see him in two weeks!!! I love Judebug.

    ReplyDelete